PROGRAM ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
- Title: Program Assistant
- Term: .4 FTE – 10 month initial contract with opportunity for renewal subject to performance and available funding; Approx. 2 days/week.
- Location: Flexible within the Kootenay Region
- Deadline to Apply: Friday, April 16, 2021, 12 pm PT / 1 pm MT
The Kootenay Conservation Program (KCP) is a dynamic network of over 80 partner organizations working collaboratively to conserve private land throughout the Kootenay Region (www.kootenayconservation.ca). Our partners include stewardship societies, agricultural organizations, First Nations, and all levels of government that share a common commitment to working together to protect clean water, conserve important wildlife habitat, and steward the land to allow for healthy, functioning ecosystems in the East and West Kootenays. We have a small and dedicated team of contractors working from a variety of Kootenay communities.
Purpose and General Description:
KCP is looking for a qualified contractor to provide support services to a broad range of KCP programs and initiatives including the Stewardship Solutions landowner outreach initiative, field tours, and Local Conservation Funds. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with excellent organizational and administrative skills as well as interest in conservation.
The Program Assistant reports directly to the KCP Program Manager and will work closely with the KCP Stewardship Coordinator, KCP Communications Coordinator, and partners and supporters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct administrative duties for Local Conservation Funds including project reporting tracking, preparing letters for applicants, maintaining spreadsheet of leveraged funding support, updating application and reporting forms, and collating applications.
- Assist with coordinating Stewardship Solutions Toolkit, including tracking new projects, communicating with Stewardship Solutions providers, and identifying opportunities for promotion and Conservation Ambassador Training.
- Assist with event planning (such as Spring Tour, Fall Gathering and Webinars) including logistics (venue, catering, name tags), online registration system, managing registrants, and setting up online meetings (Zoom platform).
- Organize and facilitate Stewardship Committee meetings and Local Conservation Fund Technical Review Committee meetings.
- Creating surveys using Survey Monkey as follow up to events and compiling and reporting results.
- Assist with funding proposals and reporting including compiling reporting statistics and writing reports.
- Strong ability in time management to accomplish diverse activities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also work independently.
- Sound knowledge of the Kootenay region and culture.
- Ability to set objectives and manage performance.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Significant Experience using MS office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat (including making forms), Zoom and Survey Monkey.
- Experience with online communication platforms and technology.
- Ability to provide a fully functional personal workspace.
- Flexible in workdays to meet program event needs, with occasional overnight travel required.
- Reliable vehicle to travel to organization events (note that mileage will be covered).
- Background in conservation or natural resource management.
- Administration and/or project coordination and management experience.
- Event planning and management experience.
- Experience in a non-profit organization would be an asset.
- This contract will compensate at $25 to $35 per hour, to be determined based upon skills and experience.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume (including three current references) and cover letter (indicating clearly how you meet the qualifications of the position), indicating “Program Assistant Application” in the subject line, by Friday April 16, 2021, Noon PDT to the Kootenay Conservation Program. Submit application as a single PDF via email with the Subject line “Program Assistant Application” to: email@example.com
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Kootenay Conservation Program; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.