The 2021 KCP Fall Gathering & AGM will take place October 15, 2021.
This year the Fall Gathering will be a one-day virtual conference due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in the Kootenays.
Registration is now closed.
Please contact KCP Program Director Juliet Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kootenay Conservation Program Fall Gathering serves as one of the primary opportunities to connect and re-connect KCP partners from across the region. The organizing theme for this year’s Fall Gathering is “Partnerships in Conservation”. We will showcase examples of Indigenous-led restoration and conservation projects, and explore considerations for planning and implementing restoration projects.
We’ll take advantage of this opportunity to have a short (1 hour) Annual General Meeting for KCP Partners.
Highlights will include the following presentations:
- Hunting Grounds Wetland Restoration, Norm Allard, Yaqan Nukiy: Restoration of this important wetland site in Creston.
- Branden Bark for Bats, Dave DeRosa, Okanagan Nation Alliance: Innovative approach to creating tree roosts for bats.
- Restoring Galena Creek, Shuswap Indian Band. Restoration of this important fish habitat in the Columbia Wetlands.
- Ecosystem Restoration Practices in the Kootenays, Rebecca Wilson or Emily Pejic, Society of Ecological Restoration (SER): Sharing results from the Kootenay SER Practitioner Survey.
- History of the Landscape, Wayne Choquette: Stewardship of the landscape with its record of past evolution and evidence of human activity
The KCP Annual Fall Gathering is a wonderful opportunity to learn about conservation projects in the Kootenays, share knowledge and information, and network with other organizations in the region.