Darkwoods Ecosystem Restoration at Tye
$14,650.00 to the Nature Conservancy Canada (NCC) towards restoring the most heavily impacted and degraded habitat at the Tye town site by implementing an integrated pest management strategy, introducing biocontrol agents to deal with invasive weed species, and the planting of native shrubs and trees.
- Restore the most heavily degraded habitat on the west side of the south arm of Kootenay lake;
- Restore habitat adjacent to Cultus Creek which supports bull trout and kokanee spawners;
- Improve forage for ungulates;
- Establish biocontrols on invasive plants which will help control the establishment and spread of invasive plants both within Darkwoods and throughout the region;
- Provide opportunities for citizens to become actively involved in restoration;
- Increase awareness of invasive plants and available biocontrols.