Report Bank Swallows
Photo credit: Alistair Fraser
Report breeding colonies of bank swallows in your area.
In November 2017, the federal government published an Order to list Bank Swallow as threatened under Schedule 1 of the Species at Risk Act (SARA). The Kootenay Bank Swallow Survey will give us a better picture of current status and allow comparisons with historical data. Here’s how to report:
- identify colony locations
- take photographs of colonies
- count numbers of burrows (in the field or from photographs)
- record date and number of adults observed
- OR, request a data form from the address below.