Report Bank Swallows
Photo credit: Alistair Fraser
Report breeding colonies of bank swallows in your area of the Kootenays.
In November 2017, the federal government published an Order to list Bank Swallow as threatened under Schedule 1 of the Species at Risk Act (SARA). The Kootenay Bank Swallow Survey will give us a better picture of current status and allow comparisons with historical data. Here’s how to report:
- identify colony locations
- take photographs of colonies
- count numbers of burrows (in the field or from photographs)
- record date and number of adults observed
- OR, request a data form from the address below.